Located on Avenue C, between Main Street and Higgins Street, this medical clinic was built in 1938 by Dr. Haden E. McKay, Sr. and Dr. Haden E. McKay, Jr.
Dr. McKay, Sr.
Dr. McKay, Jr.
It was reportedly the first fireproof building constructed in Humble.
An apartment was included in the back of the building, where Dr. McKay Jr. lived during his bachelor years. Upon his marriage to Lillian Janda, the McKay's built a home next to the clinic.
The clinic includes examination and delivery rooms, sterilizers, prescription compounding equipment, and an X-ray machine.
Dr. McKay Jr. saw patients at the clinic until his death in 1996. Mrs. McKay graciously deeded the McKay Clinic to the Humble Museum as a memorial to her husband and his father.