Potter's Texaco Station (owned by Lewis Potter) originally occupied this site in 1926 and 1927.
Potters Station on the Sanford Insurance Map, 1926
Potters Texaco Station, 1927
When Robbins Chevrolet occupied this site in 1932, it used the old Texaco Station as the main building.
Robbins Chevrolet was originally started as a Chevrolet dealership in Coldspring, Texas in 1928. It was owned by William Cleveland Robbins, Sam Roberts and Ed White. It was brought to Humble in 1932, and was located on Barrett Street (Main Street), near the Old Humble Road (now South Houston Avenue). By 1935, Robbins had bought out Roberts and White.
Robbins Chevrolet, 1932
Robbins Chevrolet on the Sanford Insurance Map, 1940
During the 1970s and 1980s this was the home of the Humble News Messenger Newspaper. Until recently, it was the home of the Humble Observer Newspaper.
Humble News Messenger, 1981