*** This is now a private residence. Please do not approach the building or disturb the family. ***
In 1918, Dr. Jerry C. Falvey and his brother, Dr. Thomas Falvey of Montgomery County, built the Falvey Hospital. In 1920, Dr. James Dameron and Dr. Haden McKay Sr., acquired and operated the hospital as the McKay-Dameron Hospital. The Tookes purchased the building in 1924 and turned it into a teacher's dormitory. At one time, fifteen lady teachers lived in the building.