Kiser Brothers Grocery Store
This site has been the location of many businesses over the years.
For a very long time, it was the location of Kattars. Kattar's Dry Goods Store was established in Humble in 1915, by an uncle of Joe Kattar. Joe purchased the store from his uncle prior to 1918. Myrtle Powers started working at the store in 1918, and married Joe Kattar in 1923. The store moved to the 300 block of Main Street (this location) in the 1930s. Myrtle Kattar worked at the store until it closed in 1977.
In the 1980s, it was an antique stored. The building was demolished in 1986. The city turned this section into Uptown Park in 1991.
Antique Store, 1983