Humble Walking Tour courtesy of the Humble Museum

Scheible Building (Block 7)


Scheible Building today

Today (above)


Back then...

Ernest Albert Scheible was a baker. He moved to Humble in 1910 and opened the Leader Bakery on Avenue A.

In 1916, he opened this two-story building on Main Street to house the bakery on the first floor, while he and his family lived on the 2nd floor.

Scheible Building, 1940s
Scheible Building, 1984

For many years, the smaller building was the home to Keelings Jewelers.


Return to Block 7