This land was originally sold to the Higgins Oil & Fuel Company (Higgins Street is named for Patillo Higgins....the Prophet of Spindletop).
The Higgins company sold it to the First Christian Church in 1917.
First Christian Church, 1918
In 1926, this was the location of the Humble branch of the Harris County Public Library.
For a long-time, this has been the home of the local phone company.