This was originally the location of the J. W. Hall Hardware.
J. W. Hall, an Humble businessman, was elected as a Harris County Commissioners in 1908. He also served on the Humble School Board (1909-1912), as a State Representative (1919-1922, 1925-1926), as a State Senator (1927-1928), and as the Tax Assessor and Collector for Harris County (1935).
The original wooden building was destroyed in the Humble town fire of February 1912. A brick one was built to replace it.
Mr. M. Harvey was the manager of the store. Mr. Harvey bought the J. W. Hall Hardware store in the 1920s, and changed the name to M. Harvey & Company. The name changed to the Harvey Hardware & Furniture Company in the 1940s, when the store was owned by W. H. Harvey and W. H. Hibbetts.
The store has hosted many business in the years since.