Harris County built a court house for this section of the county, on Main Street in Humble, in 1928.
Old Court House in 1931 (photo from Harris County Archives)
The building housed the jail, the fire station, a courtroom, and the local library. The trees in front are called the "Trees of Knowledge", because long-time residents Dr. Bennett, Constable Busch, and others would sit on benches under the tree for hours every day talking and philosophizing about life in general.
Old Court House in the 1940s
Green Oaks Tavern - Today, this building is the home of the Green Oaks Tavern.