This was originally the location of Peden Iron & Steel. The company purchased the two lots from Charles Bender in January 1905.
On the left was R. E. Smith's Beer & Ice house, with Peden Iron and Steel on the right.
By 1918, it was the Batson Grain and Ice Co.
In later years, it became the home of the Lindley Lumber Company.
Then it became home to Gray & Son Lumber Company