Alton Duran operated a service station at the corner of Avenue A and Higgins Street.
Duran's Service Station, 1931
In 1939, Alton Duran took a chance by being one of the first business owners to move to the newly established Highway 35, on the west side of downtown Humble (now the location of US Highway 59) [that building is not pictured here].
The lone gas station on the highway became a welcome sight for travelers. With the location, and being open 24 hours a day, the volume of business at Duran's Texaco Service Station increased dramatically.
Duran's Service Station today
In the modern building, the service bay area from the original station has been enclosed.